Saturday, October 12, 2013

Sweet 65 Cuda and Cancer Recovery in Watercolor


Here is a portrait example done in watercolor recently. There is a story behind this portrait...

A good friend of my family has been diagnosed with cancer recently. The medication is rough on him. He was a fairly big guy growing up and has been reduced to a shell of a man. Years ago he started to renovate his 65 Cuda but then got sick and set it aside. His kids got together and had a group of car enthusiasts finish his renovations. They did a fantastic job and he was so excited to see it restored. To add to this I created a portrait of him with his car.

This fellow helped me get a start in freelancing design many years ago. I wish there were more I could do for him and his family. Best wishes Mark and thank you.

This was created on 18x24 Arches 140lb Watercolor Block with Winsor and Newton Artist Watercolors.

To see more of my paintings, please visit www.mikeprout.com

No comments:

Post a Comment